Project Name: 2012 Animal Architecture awards
Lead by: Urban Animal
Purpose: To reshape, expand and redefine the context of urban thought and space.
- “Urban areas are quickly becoming the densest concentrations of human life on the planet and with that comes the well documented positive and negative impacts to local biodiversity and ecologists.”
- Urban animals not only consist of humans but also other non- human animals, they are highly urbanised and also our potential design partners.
” Animal Architecture wanted ideas about how synanthropic design can reshape, expand and redefine the context of urban thought and space.”
- “Projects should focus on solving, addressing or proposing urban issues and must actively incorporate at least one, if not more non-human design partners.”
- The project submissions were subjected to certain guidelines and requirements to be eligible for selection.
- The winning projects were announced mid summer 2012 and were eligible for digital and print publication as well as inclusion in an exhibition.