Project Name: All Creatures Great and Small
Lead by: Animal Architecture
Purpose: To illustrate co-species co-shaping
- “Animal Architecture seeks exciting projects that engage the lives, minds and behaviors of our alternate, sometimes familiar companion species — insects, birds, mammals, each one with unique ways of world-making.”
- “A greater understanding of biotic and ecological relationships can influence design, reshape cities, and restructure homes, benefiting the human and non-human animals that interact with and around them.”
- Critical and unpublished essays and projects were invited for submissions, that addressed how ” architecture can mediate and encourage multiple new ways of species learning and benefiting from each other. “
- Animal Architecture provides a forum for myriad issues arising from animal and human interactions. The aim being, partnership with larger ecological forces and focusing on architecture.
- The winning entries were announced mid summer 2011 and received an inclusion in a publication and exhibition.