The Nature of Cities
To explore visions of how people and cities might join in the future.
- The Nature of Cities shortlisted 57 entries. Some of the archives are chosen to represent the project and the theme.
- A Transformative New era for Landscape Conversation in cities by Will Allen, which seeks to “sustain the natural and cultural landscapes that sustain us.”
- (R)Evolution and Cities by Paul Downton, supports that “As our ideas evolve, so must our cities, and given the perilous state of the biosphere it needs to happen with extraordinary and urgent rapidity.”
- Walls that Talk: Green Fences in Kampala City by Buyana Kareem, the project uses urban green fencing in order to re-nature the cities.
- Earthworms can awaken us to Ecological Change by Toby Query, states,” Earthworms are a major driving force behind shifts in the plant, animal, fungal, and bacterial communities” and worms can be used to notice the myriad of ways of how creatures are connected to how we treat our cities.